Music Banter - View Single Post - What albums do you know inside and out?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Nice, I'm kind of the flipside of that guitar deal. Started with the Chili Peppers then moved onto the Pumpkins (still have the Mellon Collie tab book somewhere). Also learned the bulk of Siamese Dream back in the day too, the Quiet riff is all kinds of fun to play, could never quite get the solo for Soma though

As for Under the Bridge the only tricky chord that comes to mind is the very first one (and the few times it repeats during the intro) where you have to play a C shape with your middle, ring, and little finger while barring the 2nd fret. Either way it's discouraging to try learning a tune when the very first chord is a kick in the pants hahaha
Haha, yeah that's the chord. You're right, the others aren't nearly as challenging but he did like using some unconventional jazzy shapes that messed with my head while first learning. It was a milestone for me the day I got the song down, so I made everyone listen to me play it.

As for the Pumpkins, I have both the Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream tab books... I still flub my way through the Soma solo but everything else isn't so bad and it's a ton of fun to play. I eventually got a Big Muff and the loud/soft stuff was even more fun.