Music Banter - View Single Post - It had to happen... Prog Wars!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #126 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm disappointed no-one like the It Bites: seriously, not even the epic title track? Can't believe that. Still, as Anteater says, as above, so below. Not that that means anything, but as the Joker once remarked: I just like the way it sounds.

I was very impressed with the Touchstone, and I'm not the only one, as they were tipped to be one of the bigger prog bands emerging from the UK in the last few years, and just recently signed a deal with a major label.

I'll tally up the votes shortly, working on something for the Album Club at the moment.

As for Howard's suggestion, I have to say that D97 would right away get my vote but I would not even listen to Anathema, as it has those growly vocals I hate, so whether that's being unfair to them or not I don't know. If everyone's happy with that we can go ahead, but let me total up the votes, as such, for these two albums first, though few people it seems bothered to even vote, perhaps an indication of how poor everyone thinks both albums are.

And yes, the It Bites is an eighties record, and though I don't really like those on either side of it ("The big lad in the windmill" as the debut and the follow-up to this "Eat me in St. Louis") I still think they're a great band. Ant, will look into "The tall ships" and of course they have a new one out, don't they?