Music Banter - View Single Post - Military
Thread: Military
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

I've got a lot of opinions about the military. From what I've heard of people who've been in the forces, what you can expect to get from it depends entirely on the context of what your military's objective is at that point (a bit obvious sure!).

If you're not on active duty then its just another job, you hang around, train, get paid, pay the bills. If you're actually involved in armed conflict then whether your up for it or not will be affected by what you actually have to do and the reasons why. If you agree with the reasons for fighting then you'll be a lot more motivated and be a lot happier about it if you're successful (the British soldier's who fought in WWII are an example of people who generally are very proud of their roles in the war, as they know they were on the 'good' side).

Sure, the military is one of the more dangerous jobs around but when you sign up you accept that. There's a lot of teamwork and physical projects which look good, running around, shouting, maybe even driving tanks or submarines...

Really, the only two things I would warn about are 1) getting involved in situations where you have follow orders which conflict with your own ethics and mess you up emotionally 2) Working somewhere where there are VERY FEW WOMEN. That would be like hell for me.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote