Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Somewhat short of their usual high standard

Artiste: Heart
Nationality: American
Album: Jupiter's darling
Year: 2004
Label: Sovereign
Genre: Rock
Tracks
Make me
Oldest story in the world
Things
The perfect goodbye
Enough
Move on
I need the rain
I give up
Vainglorious
No other love
Led to one
Down the Nile
I'm fine
Fallen ones
Lost angel
Hello moonglow

Chronological position: Twelfth album.
Familiarity: “Bad animals”, “Brigade”, “Heart”, “Desire walks on”
Interesting Factoid: Despite Heart's popularity, this album only sold 100,000 copies, possibly due to the record company shortly thereafter going broke. Heart are apparently still owed thousands of dollars for the album.
Impression: A very fresh album, very different from the Heart I've come to know.
Best track(s): Things, The perfect goodbye, No other love, Lost angel
Worst track(s): Not really any bad tracks. Not mad about Down the Nile or Oldest story in the world but they're still not bad.
Intention: Perhaps look into the older Heart stuff: this is good!
Comments: It's interesting to hear Heart return to the basic rock roots of their earlier albums, which although I haven't heard I believe this album closely emulates. There's certainly a less commercial feel to this (perhaps an additional factor in its poor sales), a lot of acoustic stuff alongside some very hard-edged rock, and even some country-style mandolin and violin on “No other love”. Some nice love songs, and the whole thing is played in what comes across as a more honest vein than some of their previous work, good though that is. Pity the record company folded and left them high and dry, but they were back six years later with another chart-busting album, and a new one this year, so it seems their appeal has far from dried up.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-13-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote