Music Banter - View Single Post - Military
Thread: Military
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i'm not really looking forward to getting up at 5 o'clock in the morning, eating crap food ,being yelled at by some asshole that was abused as a child,or being told what to do so i'm trying to get out of it, i guess it works for some people that need discipline....i don't know, i'll let you know in a year or two if i don't manage to get out of it...( btw, i was asigned to the navy too,haha...not that it's anything like the american navy)
it actually amazes me that people would voluntarily join the army when they don't have to, i just don't understand why....i think it's some sort of defect in their character....the need for discipline and order....
At the base where I am currently stationed, the food is excellent, we had lobster tail 2 days ago, and yesterday we had steak and baked potatoes, its alot better than you think, before I joined, I was pretty skeptical about the people, but that was only in boot camp, outside of boot, everyone is really cool. I am also getting all of my school paid for, I am about to receive my BS in Nuclear Technology, for free. I was also given 36k by the montgomery GI Bill for the education of my (future) dependants. But the getting up at 5 sucks. Especially 3 days a week i get up at 430 to run 2 miles, i hate that shiit. Theres alot of things i hate, such as i had to cut my hair that i had grown for so long.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote