Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of this generation of music?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #85 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

It's interesting (and undeniable) that people who actually lived in a certain time period have a different (clearer) perspective of how the music was. My parents remember the 80s as being mostly a dull and somewhat annoying decade, mostly because the big hits that are nostalgic now were either overplayed to death at the time, or interspersed between low-quality songs with horrible lyrics and boring guitar solos.

I sure remember the '90s (having lived most of the decade) differently than how a lot of young teenagers romanticize it. No matter what the times or the trends, people will always either follow the herd or cherry pick the gems.

And to those who really loathe the current decade's music, there seems to be a history of the masses outright rejecting the creative output of the previous decade. I remember how embarrassed of the 80s people were in the 90s; and the whole "death of disco" thing was pretty intense.
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote