Music Banter - View Single Post - Most underrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #64 (permalink)
SikThInDaHead
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Frost
Converge is not NoiseCore, who the hell even makes up theses genres. Converge is a hardcore/metal band. you are correct, they are not like killswitch engage because converge isnt cheesy. Converge is closer to KSE than the Locust. The old Locust was closer to Grind (similiar to their former band Swing Kids), they are now an experimental type of band using keyboard as the main insturment and writing most of their music around it. if anything is noise core that i could think of it would be bands like Jud Jud, Holy Molar, and Phantasma. The Locust (as we as converge) are very talented bands that write very good songs that are farrr from just being noise.
Someone with a relative view!!!!!*Applauds post
But you will find that noisecore is in fact a recognised genre and The Locust and Converge are part of it.To say they are a Hardcore/Metal band is to group them with the likes of Hatebreed and Im sure you know,there are few likenesses!!Converge are indeed closer too KSE than The Locust but still....a long,long ****in way off!!I saw The Locust about 5months ago and they came ion to an intro of just white noise and feedback that lasted about 5mins!!Converge pride themselves on the fact they pretty much created the Noisecore name.But still...good to see some1 else has a valid point on these bands.We might both be wrong or might both be right......so what,we like some phat ass musick!!
SikThInDaHead is offline   Reply With Quote