Music Banter - View Single Post - Military
Thread: Military
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice
At the base where I am currently stationed, the food is excellent, we had lobster tail 2 days ago, and yesterday we had steak and baked potatoes, its alot better than you think, before I joined, I was pretty skeptical about the people, but that was only in boot camp, outside of boot, everyone is really cool. I am also getting all of my school paid for, I am about to receive my BS in Nuclear Technology, for free. I was also given 36k by the montgomery GI Bill for the education of my (future) dependants. But the getting up at 5 sucks. Especially 3 days a week i get up at 430 to run 2 miles, i hate that shiit. Theres alot of things i hate, such as i had to cut my hair that i had grown for so long.
ok, we're obviously talking about two very different things ( the US army or navy, and Croatian army, navy), first of all,army food in croatia is so screwd up that people who i know and can eat just about anything say it's bloody awfull ( and i'm very picky about my food )...lobsters? aaahahaha.....how about fucking roadkill, second, army duty is obligatory here...they force you to do it and they sure as hell aint gonna pay you no money to do it, let alone pay for your education, thirdly,people get raped and heavily abused regularly in the base where i am supposed to be stationed ( it's quite notorius in Croatia )...so yeah, i'm gonna try as hell to do civil duty instead of going in the army.....
that being said, enlisting in america sounds decent, if it weren't for the posibility you might shipped of to a war and killed, i'd give it a go....( if i was american ofcourse....which i'm not...)
i'm actually very surprised you decided to do it, you don't seem like the type...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote