Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of this generation of music?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #91 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekoid View Post
...after I reread my post, I realize that I gave the impression that there weren't any good big hits in the 80's (My all-time favorite decade for music). What I meant was that the really good hits did exist, but on certain stations you had to listen for a while until they played (according to those who actually lived through that time).
Give me a few names and I'll let you know how often I ever heard them. I was the kind of kid who actually taped Casey Casem's broadcast of the AT40 on more than a few Saturday afternoons.

What you describe is still the exact same situation as today, you need to find the right station, that might play the cool track, -once- a week. If you're lucky. But once it's over and the styles of the day have fallen out of vogue it's WAY easier for modern listeners to look back and avoid all the chaff and noise that cluttered and competed for the attention of the listeners and go right to the quality that was always just beneath the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote