Music Banter - View Single Post - To see music
Thread: To see music
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

It's cool to see what you guys had to say about your experiences with music. I'm sure that people who don't experience music in this way would think we were on LSD or something! .

I think that some people who direct music videos probably have a similar mindset. It's like music taps into subconscious thoughts in a way that's something like having a dream.

appleghost, If you often picture yourself in a tunnel or hall, is it as if a song creates an immersive experience, where you're completely surrounded by what you're experiencing?

When I experience a song, it's like watching things happen on a 'screen' or 'canvas' or in a contained space inside my head. The "hallway" experience is foreign to me. I thought your description was neat. Sometimes I wish I could be telepathic so I could experience things like that.

mr dave's track was more "intrusive" in tone to me. The sounds have a penetrating power. There is a midnight blue background with expanding rings of color in time to the music, like a shockwave or a ripple on water- some a brilliant pink, others orange. They vibrate like plucked guitar strings.The whole thing gets distorted by ink-like black 'tears' in the 'material' of it all, like how water distorts an image. The whole 'coastline being bombed' feel is definitely understandable, and frankly pretty awesome, in a dark sort of way.

...common thread for me seems to be liquid. Time to me can be associated with the complex movement of liquids. Music has a strong correlation with time. Maybe hallways are the similar?
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote