Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Good solid rock from the boys who brought you "Dawn Patrol"

Artiste: Night Ranger
Nationality: American
Album: 7 wishes
Year: 1985
Label: MCA
Genre: AOR
Tracks
Seven wishes
Faces
Four in the morning (I can't take anymore)
I need a woman
Sentimental Street
This boy needs to rock
I will follow you
Interstate love affair
Night machine
Goodbye

Chronological position: Third album
Familiarity: “Dawn patrol”, “Midnight madness”, “Big life”
Interesting Factoid: Uh...
Impression: Pretty damn good!
Best track(s): Four in the morning (I can't take anymore), Sentimental Street, I will follow you, Goodbye
Worst track(s): I need a woman
Intention: Delve a little deeper into Night Ranger's later material, and get their latest album too!
Comments:Although I probably haven't given them a fair chance, Night Ranger were one of those bands that blew me away with their debut and then just fell apart. I thought “Big life”, their fourth album, was generally terrible, very below par despite having a few (very few) good tracks, and I never went any further after that. I did however miss out this album, so perhaps it will bridge the gap between that nail-in-the-coffin fourth album and “Dawn patrol”. Or perhaps it will turn out that their debut was their only good release...

You know, it's a good album. Not as heavy or immediately accessible as “Dawn patrol”, a bit less commercial than “Midnight madness”, with some pretty catchy tracks and some good down-and-dirty rockers. It's not trying to be something it's not. I like that. No, it's no “Dawn patrol”, but it's a pretty worthy successor, and I think I may be playing this a few more times.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-13-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote