Music Banter - View Single Post - My Official Opinion On...
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Blarobbarg’s Life Story, PART 2 OF WHATEVER

I don’t remember a whole lot of what happened between the time when my old man left and when the next stage of my life came in. It was a very confusing, frightening time period. I vaguely remember wondering why it was happening, and during one of the few times I saw him before the divorce went through, he was completely broken down and weeping on his hands and knees, begging me to stop my mother from leaving him. That memory will forever be burned in my head. I had never seen him like that, devoid of all power and anger. He was just a broken, miserable, depressed mess.

But soon enough, it was over. He was gone, and we were alone. It didn’t last long, though. Roughly a month or two after my father left, my mom met her new man… we’ll just call him New Dad.

A mutual friend of theirs was fishing and invited both my mother and New Dad to go along. They met, grabbed their own boat, and New Dad spent the entirety of the day singing Spanish love songs to her. He came over and “spent the night,” so to speak. And that was that. They literally decided, within one day and night, that they were getting married. That sort of thing rarely works out, but it has shockingly been great. Eleven years later and their marriage is still going strong.

One thing to know about New Dad is that he is, and always has been, a complete badass. He was in the Navy, and the only reason he wasn’t a Seal is because of some screwed up paperwork. He is completely capable of destroying everything and everyone around him in a million different ways. He’s pushing fifty now, and there is no doubt in my mind that if somebody ever did anything to his wife or kids, he would hunt them down and kill them.

So, this badass motherlover went over to my dad’s (from now on known as Old Dad) house and… well, none of us are actually sure. We know that New Dad threatened Old Dad’s life. I assume it sounded roughly like, “If you ever touch that woman or those kids ever again I will ****ing rip you open with a hunting knife.” That sounds like something he’d say.

Anyway. Moving onto the musical part of this entry.

I have a very, very distinct memory of one of the first days with New Dad after he and my mother eloped. We were outside in our back yard, and we had Tom Jones blasting. We were just dancing and laughing and having fun. This was an entirely new experience for me. My mom and Old Dad never had any fun, whatsoever. On top of that, this was really my first experience with any sort of music. Until this point in time, my mother had been too busy trying to make sure we survived to play any of the music she liked. When you’re fighting for your life, the little pleasures in life are soon forgotten.

As my mother danced in what was, in retrospect, an incredibly sexual way for my New Dad and we laughed and played, I realized: Life is awesome.

For the moment, anyway. Part 3 is next, with a generous helping of crippling depression and self loathing!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote