Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rap & Hip-Hop Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #540 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So I've been loving Freestyle Fellowship, Boom Bip and Doseone, dalek, and Death Grips lately. What other hip hop or rap artists should I delve into? I've definitely developed an appreciation for the genre and would like to further it with some artists similar to these.
Since you're done with Dose One, you need more. Themselves is my favorite of his. Their album Them is a great start. Their free mixtape TheFREEHoudini was pretty tight. Get everything Themselves related that you can.

As far as falling for Freestyle Fellowship, excellent. Make sure you got their 2011 album the Promise, and then backtrack and pick up any and all of the individual members' albums. Myka 9 is my favorite in the group. He used to release albums under Mikah 9 so check wikipedia or somewhere to see which albums are under which name. But Timetable is amazing. 1969 is very fun. Mykology is very good (that came out 2011 also). And there are a good few I can't find online, but youtube y'know.

Then Aceyalone has great albums as well. All Balls Don't Bounce, A Book of Human Language, Accepted Eclectic, Magnificent City ** (f. RJD2), Grand Imperial.

Then you need to get Haiku D'Etat, with Myka 9, Acey, and friend Abstract Rude. Just get those albums and you are set for a nice long while with some really solid albums.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote