Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #17647 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Witch Mountain—South of Salem
First of all, I love this album cover. It's hilarious and awesome and fits perfectly with the tongue-in-cheek nature of the album title (which is a play on both their hometown's famous namesake and the similarly-titled Slayer album). The album itself is certainly very interesting. Imagine some nice heavy, sludgy doom metal with clean 60s bad-girl style vocals in the vein of Nancy Sinatra and you have a pretty good idea what this band sounds like. Definitely an interesting mix, I guess we'll see how it holds up to repeat listens.

...also...

Bongripper—Satan Worshipping Doom
I'm willing to bet you can guess what this album sounds like by the band name and title, but if not, let me just say this is super-heavy, somewhat droney, instrumental doom metal with a slight experimental edge. Just what the doctor ordered for me right now. Really, if I could have conjured up exactly the music I wanted to listen to at this very moment it would sound exactly like this.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote