Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Songs by Good Rock Bands
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #220 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinnx View Post
Fair enough Iron Maiden formed several years after. I really don't see what general albums and classic albums regards to talent. A lot of bands have written classic albums with disparaging criticism. It's a point of view taken from their composition of it. There's a lot of apparent comparisons to Black Sabbath, even UFO which didn't further their streamline of music. Vocals and lyrics where an obvious rip off from Black Sabbath. Nothing stood out or were incredibly distinctive besides the drummer. Personally I hated the vocals.

Judas Priest does deserve its respectiveness because of being influential. But I don't see how they are any more "talented" than Alice in Chains.
To create and perform classic albums a band needs to be talented, if they're not talented how can they create these albums, not just anybody can create great albums! A band or artist's talent is measured by how many classic albums they put out and this serves as a yardstick in their respected genre. Led Zeppelin super talented and Nickelback not talented at all, how do we measure that? By the quality of the music, which when put together creates albums. Despite some differences of opinion, there is usually a general consensus of what is regarded as being great by the fans of a certain genre.

The disparaging criticism that you're speaking of exists with most bands and is not normally associated at the artist themselves, but more at the album etc that is being criticized. A lot of classic albums were slammed when they first came out, but hindsight and taking the album in its historical context corrected that.

UFO a rip off of Black Sabbath, hey come on, two very different bands! One a band that submegred itself into the occult and virtually created a whole load of future sub-genres of metal whilst the other band were one of the finest examples of 1970s hard rock, despite starting off on dodgy ground with some proggy style space rock. How can you even begin to compare the vocals styles of Ozzy and Phil Mogg!!!.

As I said Judas Priest put out at least 6 classic albums, that are seen in metal circles as metal classics.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote