Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #4867 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUY562 View Post
Hey guys I need some help I did research and asked a few friends but I would like to hear what you guys think as well...
So I'm getting a ps3 Tuesday and I would like to know what are the top games for it? It doesn't matter what year it came out.
I need 2 of the best fighting games/shooting games..and open world games ..
I'd greatly appreciate it
For fighting I've heard the Yakuza games are suppose to be really good and considering they're exclusive to the console you're paying hundreds of dollars for you should probably give them a try before anything else.

As for open world sandbox games I played inFamous for awhile before my PS3 got stolen and I really enjoyed it, far more than the other supervillian sandbox game Prototype, and I've heard inFamous 2 was really good.

As far as shooters go... well it really depends on what you want from a game. If you're big into multiplayer then your two obvious choices are the Battlefield and Call of Duty series', but if you're into single player shooters that attempt to create a story more complex than "shoot the brown person" then you should probably check out BioShock and The Darkness 2.

Other series I would recommend would be the Uncharted series because they're at least reliable for a fun popcorn kind of adventure even if there really is no challenge to them.

One game I would totally say is worth your time and is pretty much the only reason why I'd buy a PS3 again is the downloadable game Journey which features some of the most beautiful artwork and sound I have ever seen in a game.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote