Music Banter - View Single Post - Psychedelia
Thread: Psychedelia
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

Default Psychedelia

I decided to start a journal. The journal is going to focus on psychedelic music, and its branch genres and all the great music that falls into it.

The first ever psych music I properly followed was MGMT, back in 2008 when I was 18. I heard " Time to Pretend " and " Electric Feel " on tv a few times, and eventually decided that I liked them enough to buy the album. When I bought the album I found that all the songs that were not released as singles were the ones I was most drawn to, the most psychedelic ones.

The Handshake - MGMT - Album - YouTube

4th Dimensional Transition - MGMT - Album - YouTube

I followed MGMT up to the release of their second album "Congratulations" which blew me away. It was far more experimental and progressive, I heard Bowie and the Beatles and Pink Floyd, and every song was like stepping into another dimension with its own strange atmosphere.

MGMT - someone's missing- Kongratulations [VIDEO] - YouTube

MGMT - Siberian Breaks - YouTube

Anyways, one day I heard that these guys were on tour in America and they were being supported by a band called "Tame Impala". This was when my life literally changed from the music I had heard. It was in the light orange earliness of 2010's hazey and sunny summer.

Last edited by PoorOldPo; 07-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote