Music Banter - View Single Post - Talkin' Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #163 (permalink)
ElLagartoLoco
Groupie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

As for his voice, it couldn't sound, keeping in mind his voice progressed with the true persona of the ages, even slightly different to be as powerful.

Not to be an ASSumptive individual, or even place an opinion in the form of fact, but if ever a circumstance were to arise in which I feel so strongly justified in doing so, this would be it. Every, and I don't take the word lightly, musician, songwriter, even artist alike can be considered a swimmer. Each is using whatever stroke suits their liking, yet each are swimming in the same direction, however indirect, in even desperate attempts to get to the shore of an island on which the population, to this day, is 1. His name is Robert Zimmerman. The island is known as Truth. Be it True inspiration, True innovation, True to the times, or True art, I don't feel it is too bold to say Bob holds the deed to such descriptions.

It is what it is.
ElLagartoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote