Music Banter - View Single Post - Vote for a FAIR album before July 14
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Default Vote for a FAIR album before July 14

Every two weeks the Folk And International Roots Album Club votes for an album that they will listen to and discuss in the coming weeks.
Anyone can vote in this poll, but if you vote, please follow through and be ready to discuss whichever album wins the poll.

This week we have six albums to choose from. Take a look at these ! :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazstp View Post
On the international side this is a rather peaceful diversion from Armenia featuring the duduk (a traditional reed woodwind). Not particularly ground breaking but a kind of melancholy beauty.

Songs From a World Apart - LĂ©von Minassian and Armand Amar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Oh, I'll go ahead and nominate Dark Country Magic by Big Blood. It's an incredibly catchy, well-written psychedelic folk album with experimental tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Hoor View Post

Red Hash by Gary Higgins (cd release date: 2005)

Gary Higgins "I Pick Notes From The Sky" 1973 - YouTube
Quote:
Zion Roots by Abyssinia Infinite (2003)

From the oozing sax of the opener, Bati Bati, to the gentle pulsing loop of the closer, Ethiopia, Gigi`s seductive voice leads us through some beautifully produced traditional East African music.

Quote:
Greenhouse by Leo Kottke (1972)

OK, it`s been around a long time - in fact it`s been around since before New Age and Americana were commonly used terms - but this is still my favourite LK album; seven tracks of sparkling, unadorned accoustic guitar and four vocal tracks
And here`s a last-minute nomination from Frownland that Janszoon has just squeezed onto the poll for us :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'll nominate "Neshamah" by Tim Sparks. It's a nice solo acoustic guitar album that explores several different types of traditional Jewish music with some jazzy themes.

Many thanks to everyone who makes the effort to share their enthusiasm for FAIR music here.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 07-09-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote