Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #1406 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Kidnap nightmare over, journalist back home

After a five-day ordeal during which she says she feared for her life, Music Banter journalist Stacey-Lynn McPherson is today recovering with her family in Dublin. Abducted on Thursday last, July 5, she had been held against her will over the weekend and was only released early this morning in a deal brokered by her employer, Trollheart.

Speaking at a news conference called earlier this afternoon, Ms. McPherson was unable to shed too much light on who her captor or captors might have been, however she remembers distinctly some music she describes as "terrible, just noise really" being blasted constantly, while someone in the background seemingly talking to themselves muttered "I hate everyone." She admits it was "quite terrifying".

Snatched on her way to work that Thursday, Ms. McPherson has little recollection of her time held captive, believing she may have been drugged for some or indeed all of the time. When released, she had no idea what day it was, and for a very short time she was unable to remember her own name. Thankfully she is now recovering at home.

Looking defiant but fragile in a smart business suit this afternoon, she told the gathered media she had "no idea" why she had been captured, other than the fact that she is pretty. When asked whether this was some sort of attempt to poach her from Trollheart, she replied she had no comment on that.

The question and answer session was brief, as Ms. McPherson looked drawn and tired, but when pressed on how she ended up being let go, all she would say was "Look, I was blindfolded, you know? I saw nothing and with that awful, awful music going I could hear just about nothing too. But when there was a break in the music, I did hear a voice I thought I recognised. It said "They're all there", and another voice which I believe was my kidnapper sounding doubtful. "Even the extended remixes and rarities?" it asked. The other voice sighed. "Even the deleted albums. As agreed. Now, do we have a deal?" Shortly afterwards I was aware of being bundled into some sort of van, driven a distance and then suddenly daylight exploded before me as my blindfold was removed. The van drove off, and I was picked up by Trollheart."

Asked if she got the number of the van, Ms. McPherson turned testy. "Look," she snapped, "I had been in the dark, virtually blind for over four days! YOU try making out a registration plate under those circumstances!"

Police are following a definite line of enquiry, and are hopeful of making a "significant arrest" soon.

McPherson has declared her desire to return to work as soon as possible, however it seems that Trollheart will be insisting she take some time off to recover, as he is sure she will soon realise the impact of the ordeal has not yet hit her.

Anyone with any information is asked to call the Garda hotline, on 01-7100999. All calls will be treated with the utmost discretion and confidence.