Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #17675 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post

Witch Mountain—South of Salem
First of all, I love this album cover. It's hilarious and awesome and fits perfectly with the tongue-in-cheek nature of the album title (which is a play on both their hometown's famous namesake and the similarly-titled Slayer album). The album itself is certainly very interesting. Imagine some nice heavy, sludgy doom metal with clean 60s bad-girl style vocals in the vein of Nancy Sinatra and you have a pretty good idea what this band sounds like. Definitely an interesting mix, I guess we'll see how it holds up to repeat listens.
so after reading this i HAD to track down this album.....listened to it three times in a row last night.....and can't deny how much i really enjoy.....the vocals remind more of Barracuda era Heart than Nancy Sinatra....but i can see what you mean.....and i kind of agree that when you vocals being done in this way it may be better to have them a bit over the music itself.....overall though a great album....thanks man
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote