Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #11890 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

wish i could say it was "amazing" but it's not, really. it reaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyy drags - the build-up is too slow for my liking. didn't like the stereotypical usage of using someone with a British accent to make the villain sound more intelligent and villainous. to be fair, Andrew Garfield is a much better actor than Maguire and lends extra weight to his role. otherwise, i don't see how this betters the Raimi versions in any way. it only gets a bit "interesting" in the last quarter - but the Lizard looks horrible and looks nothing like the comics version. some points here for being "faithful" to the comic in the Gwen/Capt. Stacey/Spidey interaction but that's about it, really

sorry, but i can't give this more than a 4/10

ok, starts off promisingly enough - fairytale elements, Scottish mythology. but quickly descends into the kind of tired over-sentimentality that led Disney to decline with "Pocahontas". The rendering is very good, that's about the best i can say about this. and the voice-acting all sounds like Americans putting on a Scottish brogue. Bleh!

3/10

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote