Music Banter - View Single Post - Psychedelia
Thread: Psychedelia
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
PoorOldPo
Blue Pill Oww

So now we are going to go back in time.
When I was discovering this kind of music over the summer of 2010, I decided to look back to the Beatles(ONE of the pioneers of psychedelia).

John Lennon had this rare talent for ****ing being a legend. haha! Anyone who says they don't like psychedelic music, are either lying or haven't heard this song. We forget how good the Beatles actually were because we are constantly reminded, but ****... I can honestly say that if I had heard this stuff for the first time as contemporary music out of the blue, I would be BLOWWWWN AWAAAy. It is simply monumental.

Within You Without You The Beatles - YouTube

The Beatles Strawberry Fields Forever (2009 Stereo Remaster) - YouTube

I can say without any shadow of a doubt, this music changed my life. Not in an instantaneous way, I had always been aware of it growing up, but when I really started listening to it....I was like....Woah... It just really spoke to me out of nowhere when I was about 19/ 20. I understand what George Harrison was telling me in "Within You Without You" and what John Lennon was telling me in "Tomorrow Never Knows". It wasn't a superficial appreciation to listen to these songs for the sake of it, I actually understood what they were saying to me.

The Beatles Rain (2009 Stereo Remaster) (Original Promotional Video) - YouTube

The Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - YouTube

The Beatles- A Day in the Life - YouTube

The Beatles - Love You To - YouTube

Anyone who says they do not like psychedelic music, is either lying, or hasn't heard this song.

THE BEATLES-Tomorrow never knows(alternate version) - YouTube
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote