Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #6364 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Mostly the new Aesop Rock album Skelethon, mixed in with El-P's latest Cancer For Cure, mixed with some favorite Tom Waits tunes, and Themselves (Dose One and Jel) rounding it up.

Been in this particular mood a lot lately. Great timing for new Aesop/El-P.

Also had a good Tool session with the boys while pre-drinking last night. Pu**** live is our pump up song. The Salival version. Gets me all pumped up and brings a tear to my eye just about every time. "It'll end no other wayyyyyyy" Love drumming along to that tune, too. Carey is in beastmode.

Not really finding any of the songs from Skelethon on youtube yet, so it'll have to wait until the release ruckus dies down a little, but my favorites so far besides ZZZ Top and Zero Dark Thirty are Grace, the Crows tracks with Kimya Dawson and the followup,

Well I think the album is great... it'd be easier to say which tracks I've been skipping over. I can tell its a good song, but I've been skipping Leisureforce... at least for now. Whole Aesop albums are hard to digest the first 25 listen-throughs, minimum, so I'd rather do it in chunks. I'm extremely familiar with ZZZ and ZDT from the videos... rapping along fairly well, got the lyrics down... the others not quite so much. I think ZZZ Top might be the best track on the album.

I'd noticed on Team Teamwork's Vinyl Fantasy 7 album that they had a Tom Waits Kool Keith track. I first shrugged it off as a mashup. But no... they worked together. Here's the original tune, off of N.A.S.A.'s debut album ... which I might need to pick up based on the badass features he has up and down it.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote