Music Banter - View Single Post - Stuff That Is Awesome
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #96 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Well, I was getting tired of store-brand soaps, and although I always need to use Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo, I felt like I could be adventurous and try something other than White Rain, or some crap like that for the rest of my body.

I went to le Walmart and saw a red bottle... popped the cap and sniffed. Was awesome. Bought it. Also bought some old spice deodorant/antiperspirant.
Took me a shower this morning, and by the gods, it's 4:05 in the PM and I still smell like I just got out of the shower.

IT'S MAGICAL.

It's not a perfume smell so much as it's a fresh smell. Close up, it sort of smells perfumey, but in like a 1 foot bubble, it translates as fresh soap smell, which makes me feel fresher even when I'm leaking slime. No other body soap has been able to deceive me so effectively. It's a winner.
I've always enjoyed that fresh out of the shower smell. There's a lot of fragrances that are meant to smell soapy, and so actually do smell like you just got out of the shower. Mugler Cologne is one such fragrance, and almost any Prada fragrance as well. I used to not be a fan of the actual Old Spice fragrance, but it's not bad. I use Gucci Envy, which has that same barbershop kind of vibe, but more modern.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote