Music Banter - View Single Post - 5 Essentilal Britpop Albums?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #41 (permalink)
lahaine
Groupie

Blur's Parklife and Modern life is Rubbish both of the same side of the coin for me and both masterpieces to this day. I give the nod to Parklife cause of This is a low.

Oasis Definetly Maybe, this album is still a classic and shows why Oasis meant a lot to a lot of young men like myself. Rock n roll star live forever and Slide Away are stil the greatest songs Noel gallagher even written and Liams singing on this is amazing.

Supergrass i should coco, just love the bright and upbeat sound this gave off in the mid 90's when it was released. Caught by the fuzz, Sitting up straight and alright are classic britpop. Their second albumIn it for the money is their darker masterpiece but I should coco is their zenit.

Pulp Different class is the Britpop crown Jewel so British you can taste the sugary tea and HP sauce. Its pretty dark in theme but the meldolic side keeps it from been downbeat.

Elastica self titled debut still a great listen now and sadly overlooked cause of the whole Blur and Oasis thing.
lahaine is offline   Reply With Quote