Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #6226 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Okay, okay, you didn't explicitly state that you were interested, though.

Let's see. Both Blutengel and The Frozen Autumn are primarily rooted in darkwave/synthpop, very romantic, Gothic, and dark. Blutengel have a more EBM approach, heavily incorporate danceable synthesizers, as well as some more operatic, epic pieces that sounds symphonic.

The Frozen Autumn are more subtle and introverted, drawing influence from Clan of Xymox. They have more of an atmospheric sound as well.

Faith and the Muse combine elements of Gothic, darkwave, post-punk, ethereal, celtic, classical, and folk. Gorgeous female vocals and the occasional male vocal. Monica Richards (frontwoman) used to be part of Madhouse and Strange Boutique, and was a big part of the punk scene in the 80s. William Faith is the primary guitarist and sings all male vocals. He was part of Christian Death for awhile. I'm obsessed with them at the moment.

The Cruxshadows are also in the Darkwave/EBM vein, sort of like Blutengel, but slightly toned down on the theatrics. Also more guitar-driven at times.

Susanne Sundfor is hard to describe. There are elements of classical, jazz, noir, electronic, atmospheric, and ambient in her music all blended together seamlessly. Her vocals are eerie and ethereal.

Hope that helps a bit.
Ah, thanks. That's sort of what I figured I was looking at. It's been a long time since I've heard any darkwave or the like. I may have to give some of those a listen.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote