Music Banter - View Single Post - What Makes a Good Band?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama542blake View Post
I just don't like the sound of fake drums and other electronic things for the most part. Mics, without special effects systems, only simply make the sknger louder. Amps, are somewhat required for an electric guitar, and yes, you can change the sound of a guitar with an amp but you can still play the guitar, as quiet as it may be, without electricity. Like I said, I realize that synths and stiff can be difficult to play, I just don't like the sounds that many musicians choose from it. When I listen to a guitar, I still know that they have to do a good amount on their own skill. They still have to find the frets, still have to strum, and still have to get creative with palm muted and slides and bending the strings and so on. You still really have to play it, regardless of the effects you pit on it.
So for you music isn't so much about artistic expression as it is about physical accomplishment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ama542blake View Post
And with a drum set that is electronic, well maybe instead of doing a legit rim shot, you could just have another pad set up and you just hit it to make the sound. If you don't know what a rim shot is, look it up.
lol. Why wouldn't I know what a rimshot is?
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote