Music Banter - View Single Post - Aesop Rock - Skelethon
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

I was reading last.fm comments on Aesop's page, being generally happy that the majority of comments were positive. Ballpark estimate, all but 2 or 3 out of about 50. But, somebody posted a link to this lame ass Kanye forum and I've been facepalming for the last 10 minutes. There, it's the opposite ... 2 or 3 out of about 50 LIKE it and the rest are bandwagon haters. They're all talking about Frank Ocean and some Life Is Good, ****e...Nas, really? Checked out Frank Ocean and now I'm really butthurt. And they called Aesop boring? Fuuuuuuuu..... boring like ... you get bored of trying and failing to grasp the complex rhymes? One guy said something like he doesn't appreciate how Aesop writes lyrics... that he thinks Aesop writes lyrics to make people feel dumb. Or something. That he's an elitist.

I don't know if it was paying attention in school or what, but I don't have any troubles with Aesop's word choices. Once in a while, I hear a word I'm unfamiliar with ... I don't bother looking it up, I figure it out sooner or later from context or elsewhere. I mean, is this what the product of a failing school system looks like? Is this a pile of trolls? Is it an epeen gangster contest? Hivemind mentality of ignorance. Makes me want to vomit.

For the sad lulz:
Album of the year just got leaked. « Kanye West Forum

Oh, just in case you don't make the jump... I'm quoting this one:

"OP is an **** for doing Aesop Rock dirty like this. You can't hype something that isn't Nas or Frank at this point"

-"This must be Sarcasm!! Seriously? How did he "do him dirty?" If anything, its helping Aesop Rock win more listeners/sell more records!!"

"he should've just said Skelethon leaked or something. Saying its AOTY is gonna piss a lot of people off since it isn't a relevant album"

-"Pretty unfair/ignorant comment. Not relevant to who? People that only listen to a certain brand of popular music? I don't like Aesop's "I'm smarter than you, check out all these big words" type of hip hop and OP's need for approval of his heady taste..but that remark just stinks of ignorance."

"It isn't ignorant. The fact that theres only a 8 page thread of it shows most people on KTT dont care. So it isn't a good thing to be calling it AOTY especially when were on leak watch of the 2 most hyped releases"

-"It swings both ways. Like I said, to be fair to OP..he's just calling it AOTY because he wants to display his superior underground taste. He surely doesn't really believe that. Even if he did..whatever. Bait threads and attitudes like that get under my skin.."

They're ALL idiots.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote