Music Banter - View Single Post - The Electronic Music Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #313 (permalink)
Plecto
Groupie

Default Need some good help finding new music to listen to

Hi. I like listening to music, but I'm bad at finding new music to listen to. I have tried several of those "music recommendation" sites and have sometimes found some new acceptable music to listen to, but usually not so I don't really wan't a link to some of those sites.

I listen to all kinds of electronic music all though I find electronica best when just listening by myself (EDM is more for partying allthough I often listen to it alone aswell). Artists I absolutely adore is AIR, Daft Punk, Justice, Utah Saints and Pendulum. I have to say that Air - La Femme D'Argent is my favorite song of all time. Other artists who have made some songs I like include Portishead, Pakito, Massive Attack, Tiesto, Puscifer, Nero, Mt. Eden, Adrian Lux and Robert Miles ("Children" is just perfect for my taste). In the recent past I've been listening to Infected Mushroom (not quite my taste, but I really like some of the songs), Foster the People - Don't Stop (The Fat Rat Remix) and X-Noize - Let Yourself Go (Ticon Remix).

I hope thats enough to go on so I can find something else to listen to (doesn't matter how good the songs are, they do get kind of tiresome after you have heard them for the millionth time).

Music that is not in lack of a melody and that builds up hits my heart the fastest. I really hope for some good answers

edit: I made links to every artist to wikipedia and every song to youtube, but I just figured I have to make 15 posts or more in order to do that, what's up with that?
Plecto is offline   Reply With Quote