Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm obsessed! Do you guys get that way too?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicDude View Post
I'm just curious to see if some of you listen to music the way I do. When I get into a band or an album, I listen to it pretty much exclusively, and this can last for weeks. Then I will decide I'm done with it and often never listen to it again or listen to it rarely. And on to the next obsession. Do you all do that too, or do you have a bunch of artists you like at once and kind of rotate through them?
I might listen to an album 2 or 3 times until I start skipping songs and then when I'm tired of it then finally I put it away for whenever. I always return to my favorite artist. I might not return to them for a long time, but when I do I always think 'this is great why did I stop listening to it?' My taste goes in cylces. I never know what music I'll be interested in tomorrow. I go back and forth between music OCD and music ADD.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote