Music Banter - View Single Post - The Folk And International Roots album club
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #63 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Wishing all our contributors and lurkers a Happy Birthday because the FAIR album club is one year old today !

Some facts and figures :-
We have examined a total of twenty albums and given each album its own thread, listed in this thread´s OP. The threads are still open for votes and comments, but these are the prize-winners so far :-

Highest scoring albums:
Joint first : Nashville Skyline and Fly, Fly, My Sadness with 10 points* each, nominated by Moshe and me
Second place : Passion, Grace and Fire with 8 points, nominated by stp
Third place : Folk Songs and Instrumentals with Guitar with 7 points, nominated by Jack Pat - sorry, I mean Cenotaph

Least popular albums :
Joint last place : This Is Fire and Solar Shears, which both scored 0 !

* This is how I worked out the points:
an Excellent vote = +2, Good = +1, OK = 0, Disappointing = -1, Awful = -2, though everyone has been too polite to ever vote "Awful."

Roll Of Honour :-
This is a chance to thank the people who have helped to keep the FAIR club alive for a year:-

Contributors:
First place:
stp, formally fazstp, who has nominated 10 albums so far. Not one to show off, he actually has an extensive knowledge of, and a keen interest in, a lot of seriously good music in this and other MB forums.
Second place:
Cenotaph, formally Jack Pat, who nominated 6 albums which usually challenged us to edge out of our comfort zone. It`s thanks to Jack Pat that I now have a 22-track compliation of Exuma songs which I regularly play in my car.
Joint Third place:
Frownland has nominated 2 albums and is the most promising newcomer. Don`t know a lot about him yet, but anyone with a Beefheart user-name and, ahem, a Marcel Duchamp avatar can`t be all bad !
Moshe nominated 2 albums, but sadly seems to have abandoned MB.
Runners up:
Newcomer Cru Hoor and missing-in-action members like Petula07 and Ashberry have nominated one album apiece.

Midwives:-
Thanks to tore, whose PFAC showed us how an album club could be done. Thanks to TheBig3, Conan and Jack Pat who were in at the birth of the FAIR club, and thanks to Pedestrian and Janzsoon, who have politely, uncomplainingly, fixed up all my mistakes since !