Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM   #19646 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

So, my new motherboard died. Bummer. Tried to RMA it back to Asus, but their customer service is so horrible, I've decided to just buy another one just so I don't have to wait months and months to get a new one.
Should have a new one in 5-7 business days.
Being without a computer has its perks, though. When I am in this situation, I am forced to do something constructive! And today, I have done just that...

Rearranged my room/studio so that it's a more simple and functional space (relative to what it was before). Previously, everything was cluttered to hell and the simple act of connecting my synthesizer to my mixer involved unspeakable effort and gratuitous obscenities.
Now, I have thought ahead, and everything is ready, and if not, very reachable.
Also replaced the uselessness of those wall panels all being behind my station, and placed them around the room... the acoustic effect is actually far better. Not perfect, as I still require bass traps and more diffusion material, but it's a step up.

Also, I was able to jury-rig my desk into no longer being a corner desk, and the added linear desk real-estate has enabled me to both get out of the corner with my speakers, and widen my listening field so that an equilateral triangle is now possible without having to be 2 inches away from my screens.

This is the result:

My only regret is that I will not be able to use it properly for a week. Hurry up, new motherboard!
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote