Music Banter - View Single Post - The Art Thread
Thread: The Art Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #862 (permalink)
mervi
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekoid View Post
That's some pretty skilled illustration, certainly worthy of an art academy. It would be cool to see that image animated in a sequence- it feels like a still shot. I guess some artists create more from observation than pure imagination. The most astonishingly amazing results, I find, tend to come from artists who can do both.

Do you find it easier to be original if you are given a concept to work with? Or do you draw most of your inspiration from images that capture your attention? Either way, I really like what you accomplished with that drawing
Thank you very much! Come to think of it, it was easier for me to be original when I was still in high school and my art teacher gave me concepts to work with. But nowadays it's as you said: I get inspiration from images that capture my attention. Though sometimes I have an image in my head but I can't get it out, so I need a reference picture to work with. Often I'm inspired by lyrics of some songs. For example, this soldier picture was inspired by a part of Editor's song: "Darling, just don't put down your guns yet. If there really was a God here he'd have raised a hand by now."

Anyway, besides drawing I also make little videos (mostly stop motion) and with them I find it much more easier to be original with. So, I guess my problem with drawing is that I can really only draw what I see with my eyes.

If you care enough to write a song about how you don't care, you actually care.
mervi is offline   Reply With Quote