Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm obsessed! Do you guys get that way too?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

It's not that far off topic is it? ...has to do with 'obsession' and how we 'amplify' the amount we listen to certain artists; seasonal factors seem to be prevalent to that concept (?).

I wonder if the fall is the most popular time to listen to music. Most friends and family think so. But I'm really an autumnal kind of person to begin with- I like the melancholy of it, and music enhances that. Fall is when I start to really get into wistful, more atmospheric and poetic artists and genres, and I love to live in those emotions.

Because music is largely a cultural art form, and culture is affected by environment, I think it's safe to draw some correlations (while avoiding fueling the stereotypes about the music from a given region). For example, California being known for summer-like music.

But Ontario, New England and the Midwest seem to generate a lot of autumn-like music, to go with the famous changing leaves. I always thought Rush sounded the best in September/ October, and they're from Toronto.

And Finland does have a very similar seasonal pattern as Canada (regardless of where in Canada, as Finland has a similar extreme variation from north to south).

I could go on all day, (I cant resist the urge to hypothesize and research!!), but I'll spare you.
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote