Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Genesis albums?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraddict View Post
I agree to a point. But there isn't a single trace of his musical past on Peter Gabriel 1. It was like he just sprouted up out of nowhere.

When he was in Genesis the band wrote music together, but when he was on his own he had control of the reins and done his own music - so it seem likely he would not have the same sound as Genesis.

Peter Gabriel era Genesis were playing music that was popular for Rock bands to play at the time. Still it was uderground music, it was heavy and more complicated than songs on the Pop charts. But they still did well with album sales.

He developed as an artist. When he was on his own he had more control over his music, and just like any one else his musical taste changed (along with everyone else in the decade).

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 07-20-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote