Music Banter - View Single Post - my fave indie bands some are alt bands too
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
actually franz ferdinand and the arcade fire WERE in fact hyped as the next big thing by the NME...so please, don't think that just because NME really likes a band it sucks....that would make YOU a snobbish ass....some people like maximo park, the kaiser chiefs and razorlight...i personally don't but i still check out anything NME recommends....and, what do you know, i can actually make a decision if a like a band or not for myself even if NME likes them...who would have thought it....
Oh please. Stop trying to turn this into some Snob vs. Non-Snob thing, or trying to make me into some close-minded elitist who hates everything that isn't on some one-band record label out of Bum****ville, Arkansas.

You know full well what I mean when I say bands that the NME hypes. 10 years from now do you think anybody will remember Razorlight? Kasabian? The Futureheads?

No. And that's what seperates the good from the bad when it comes to the NME. They try so hard to be the magazine that broke the next big thing, that they'll put any band with a record deal on the cover if they think they're it.

Obviously, the NME is sometimes correct in naming good bands, but as I stated in another thread where you hounded me for this, a good portion of the bands are utter ****.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote