Music Banter - View Single Post - 'Dark Knight Rises' screening shooting in suburban Denver (12 dead, 38 wounded)
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
What I'm about to say is a bit biased because I'm from the UK, but I essentially agree with this. My own opinion is that the whole "freedom to bear arms" idea you Americans love so much can be far more danger than benefit, because ultimately I disagree with people being free to be able to kill people wherever they go, and the fact that virtually anyone can have access to such dangerous weapons is a point of reasonable concern.
You can complain that a "heated dispute" is heading our way, perhaps that's not such a bad thing.
I as well don't see any good in allowing someone to purchase and being allowed to wield a firearm. There are other not so deadly ways that someone can protect themselves, like with a tazer or pepper spray. In my honest opinion, I think when somebody has access to a gun, they are essentially showing their weakness through it, and proving that the only way they can control a situation is to kill someone.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote