Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #1429 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Been several months since we last checked out those tracks that close an album well, even if the rest of it has been not the best. Always important, I think, to have a good ending as this will invariably be the tune that gets stuck in your head, and which you will most remember initially about the album, until you hear something else. A bad ending track can come close to ruining your experience of an album, while a good one can heighten and complete it. Good memories, instead of bad; sweet instead of sour.

We've had Supertramp before, and indeed many of their albums end strongly, but one of the best in my opinion is the closing track to “Breakfast in America”. This is “Child of vision”.
Spoiler for Supertramp: Child of vision:

One of my favourite female rock singers, this is Lana Lane, from her album “Lady Macbeth”, this is called “Dunsinane walls”.
Spoiler for Lana Lane: Dunsinane walls:

And one of my favourite male singer/songwriters, Dan Fogelberg. This is the closing track from his 1977 album “Nether lands”, and it's “False faces”.
Spoiler for Dan Fogelberg: False faces:

I like this one from Axxis, not only because it's a good closer, but because it really says “that's the end of the album”. From “Voodoo vibes”, this is “The show is over”.
Spoiler for Axxis: The show is over:

And another metal track to end this selection, it's Praying Mantis, from the album “Predator in disguise”, with “Borderline”.
Spoiler for Praying Mantis: Borderline: