Music Banter - View Single Post - Juggalos
Thread: Juggalos
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #350 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
And if they're working like an actual adult and contributing to the household, both through chores and money, it may be a good choice for the parents, especially if they're getting older.

In my experience, however, that rarely happens. What usually ends up happening is some bum stays with his parents as long as he possibly can because he's too lazy to go and make a life for himself. That's the case for several I unfortunately know in real life, who are all quite unpleasant people. The parents are too passive/the parents think they are helping, so they don't do anything about it.
Its cultural, sure I agree with what you've put above. But I've also lived for a while in latin countries such as Spain and in South America and quite often people stay at home until they marry, or go away to work or decide to forge their own life, for this reason the family unit is much stronger.

Quite often in British and American culture, there has always been this idea that an individual needs to move out and become independent, because living with parents was always something to be laughed at. Sure this is all good and well when times are good, but today I think a lot of people are going to be far better off living with their family.

The point is, that a member on here laughed at another for living with their parents, when in reality there is nothing wrong with doing so.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote