Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #17752 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

A friend of mine who tours in two indie pop bands and plays for various jazz groups here in Louisville gave me some demos for his band, as well as a bunch of other stuff. Here's what I got.

Pat Metheny, Bright Size Life. 70's jazz fusion. Haven't listened to it yet.

Daughn Gibson, All Hell. He used to drum for a stoner metal band. His first solo LP features Gibson crooning in a very James Blake-esque way over gospel music samples to make weird country music. Way, way better than it sounds. I'm really glad my buddy gave this to me, I've been wanting it for awhile.

Chris Potter, Follow The Red Line: Live At The Village Vanguard. More jazz. Haven't listened to anything but the first two songs, but I like Chris Potter so I think I'll like it.

Frankie Rose, Interstellar. I have no idea what this is. Haven't listened to it and don't know the band. Judging from everything else he gave me, it's probably some sort of dreamy indie type band, or jazz fusion.

New Order, Power, Corruption and Lies: Deluxe Edition. He gave this to me because I made a disparaging comment against new wave music, which he loves. I listened to it and enjoyed it, though I don't know if it will convert me to a new wave fan.

Of Montreal, Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? I haven't listened to it (yeah, I know), but everyone here knows what it is so I won't bother with a description.

Panda Bear, Person Pitch. Haven't listened to it yet. Solo album, from Panda Bear, one of the members of Animal Collective. I'm not really a big fan of Animal Collective so I'm not sure how much I'll like this album.

Real Estate, Days. Dreamy surf rock. Pretty typical indie stuff, but still very well done and very enjoyable.

The War On Drugs, Future Weather and Slave Ambient: Deluxe Edition. Experimental pop music, shoegaze, and alt country. All good. One or both of these albums will probably show up in Albums You're Digging.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote