Music Banter - View Single Post - 'Dark Knight Rises' screening shooting in suburban Denver (12 dead, 38 wounded)
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #89 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Maryland because its not a southern state or a frontier type state. That's why I think it stands out.
Maryland actually is a southern state, technically, because it was south of the Mason-Dixon line. But Michigan, which is also on the list, is neither a southern nor "frontier-type" state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
The two states at the top of your list are New England states, all I'm trying to do is find some kind of pattern. Its not obvious but I'm sure there is a pattern in all this somewhere.
Two New England states at the top and another, Maine, a little further down. Beyond that and the fact that there are no southern states on the list, there isn't much of a pattern. Iowa, North Dakota and Minnesota are all northern midwest states known for having bleak winters and a "let's all work together" kind of culture. Idaho and Wyoming definitely fall in your "frontier-type" category. Hawaii is obviously a pretty unique state so they're hard to group with anyone. And Utah actually has a lot in common with a couple of the states on the "worst" list.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote