Music Banter - View Single Post - Geekoid's World of Music
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

First of all, well done for making the step to journalism here: you may find that it will be a lonely project (people dont often comment, but of course your journal may be different), but my advice should you get discouraged is to watch your "view count" (beside the "posts") which will at least tell you if people are reading, though it won't reveal if they're enjoying, your articles.

Secondly, excellent design: very eye-catching indeed! Certainly draws the attention.

Thirdly: good subject, and very different. Bound to fire the imagination or at least curiosity of some members.

I know very little of the theremin, though I have noted it being used on some albums I reviewed in my journal (which, I'm afraid, I don't remember, but I think they might be the "symphonic metal" type, like Epica, Within Temptation, that sort of thing: though I could be wrong). For an instrument invented so long ago, isn't it the absolute epitome of what you would expect to find in the next few centuries? Aliens playing instruments WITHOUT TOUCHING the strings? Does this come somewhere close to the Vulcan Harp Spock played in the original Star Trek? Was that, in fact, a theremin or some derivative?

I'd be interested to hear your take on how you see the theremin developing, or not, in the next few decades.

Again, welcome: good journal. I'll be watching...

TH