Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm obsessed! Do you guys get that way too?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserw View Post
I've lost the obsession/fascination for certain genres with the passage of time (especially as I've grown up) but for genres I still fancy I dig in pretty deep. My childhood friend tried so much to turn me on to Pink Floyd (as kids) with The Wall but I never took a liking to them back then... but now I appreciate what he was trying to share and have all their albums.

When it comes to specific genres, I'll read up music/review sites, read up on all the greats of that genre and start with their best of/greatest hits album and if I like what I hear then I'll end up collecting their entire discography.

But then I also have entire albums of the likes of Metallica, ACDC, Crowded House, Def Leppard, Frank Zappa, Jefferson Airplane, Judas Priest, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many more that I never listen to anymore. Perhaps one day I'll come back to them but not right now. But when I did listen to them it was heavy rotation like 15+ hours 24/7 and I ended up collecting all their albums.

I guess with time we evolve and our tastes in music evolve/change too. There are some genres/artists I've not heard in over 10 years despite having all their albums. But I cannot part with them either... I still have fond memories of the time spent listening to them and never mind I don't listen to them anymore... I still cannot bring myself to gift those CDs away.

This obsession is only with regard to music. I've given away my entire comic book collection, books from Hardy Boys to Robert Ludlum, and my entire DVD collection to kids in the neighborhood as I was past them... but I cannot part with my music collection.

Guess its an obsession!
You listened to music 15+ hours a day at one point!?
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote