Music Banter - View Single Post - To see music
Thread: To see music
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
mervi
Groupie

Yup, music gives me strong visual sensations. Too complicated to be explained, you guys would need to get into my head for a while but I don't recommend it - it's weird up there. Often I see little stories, kinda like music videos when I listen to some songs. I actually would really like to make music videos. I've made few for fun, but they're not exactly music videos, more or less just videos where I use music.

Human mind is a curious thing. Considering that people like so different kind of music, we must sense things very differently. Same must go with colours and images since people tend to have favourite colours. Also, have you people ever wondered if someone sees colours completely differently than you do? (not talking about colour blind people) I mean, we all agree that grass is green, but what if someone sees green as I see blue? Then when I show them something else green, they agree with me that it's green, though they see it as I would see something blue. How could we ever know how other people see this world. It might look completely different with your eyes compared to mine. Ok, I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear here Just curious, curious things.

Oh, one more thing. I definitely think all people should become blind for a while. Just for a week or two in order to be able to appreciate seeing. I lost my sight due to an illness when I was 15 (no worries, everything went ok, I can see again, as you might already have guessed ) and it made a great impact on me. When the bandages were removed and I was able too see again, wow, it was amazing! Ever since I've paid much more attention to all kinds of little details and colours - world seems a lot more beautiful place than it was before. In fact, it was after that when I became more interested in all kinds of art - music, photographing, painting, drawing...

If you care enough to write a song about how you don't care, you actually care.
mervi is offline   Reply With Quote