Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #4923 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWGUY562 View Post
ok time for the less popular games now

Have you guys played Dead Space/Dead Space 2?

Rayman Origins?

Singularity?

Condemned 2?

Alice Madness Returns?
The Dead Space series is pretty mediocre in my mind, I mean the combat is good because the combat was good in Resident Evil 4 and just about every horror game for the last 7-years has been doing the samet thing. It's not really scary, it can startle you, but the game really has no pacing and after a couple of hours you'll pretty much know all the cues. Still it's not a poorly designed game and is at least function,and it will be pretty cheap now.

Rayman Origins is a lot of fun with some really beautiful artwork, good music, and plenty of charm. Like every side scroller besides the Mario series, there is no lives system and you pretty much just respawn a little ways away from where you died so the game doesn't really break its flow but can still be challenging, definitely worth your time.

Singularity is... pretty forgettable to be honest. I played through to the end last year but really can't recall that much about it. It's a 7-10 hour first-peron-shooter that is kind of like Bioshock but nowhere near as compelling. Unless you find it in a bin for $10 I really don't see much to recommend.

Condemned 2 is... wasted potential. The first Condemned game is easily one of the best games of this console generation and one of the last true AAA developed horror games. Condemned 2 improves on the combat mechanics, but completely looses its grasp on what made the first game so scary, which was its pacing. Not only that but if you haven't played the first one then you might be confused as to who most of the characters are. I really don't know why it was released on PS3 when the first game was an Xbox and PC exclusive, but if your PC can run it it's definitely worth trying to find a copy of, and if you enjoyed it then there's no real harm in trying the inferior sequel.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote