Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Favorite HBO Show
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Deadwood I've kind of heard bad things about but I may check it out at some point.
Deadwood can be a hard show to watch at times, chiefly because of the character's choice of diction, and some of the stories can be a little hard to follow at times. Timothy Olyphant's take on Seth Bullock was really good, but like many HBO shows, the most interesting character isn't always the main character, and it doesn't stop them from doing a big sprawling ensemble cast. If you're a history buff then you'll definitely get something out of this show, but sadly I never learned much about America during the 19th century so many of the characters were brand new to me. It's definitely worth a look, and fortunately I've seen it at Best Buy on sale for like... 20 buck a season on numerous occasions so it won't cost you much.

On a side note, has anyone else seen Rome? I think that's a horribly underrated show and stands out like a diamond in the muck compared to the Starz show Sparticus. Sadly, the impressive and detailed sets that made Rome look so much better to the green-screened Sparticus proved to be its downfall and the show was cancelled midway through the second season, which caused the last few episodes to be rushed and no real satisfying conclusion was given to the show. Apparently the second season was suppose to end with the Battle of Phillipi with the deaths of Cassius and Brutus, third season ends with the deaths of Mark Antony and Cleopatra after the Battle of Actium, can't remember what the 4th season was suppose to be about, and the fifth ends with the crucifiction of Jesus.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote