Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you think CDs will be the last physical form of music?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #39 (permalink)
Holerbot6000
Music Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
i still buy cassettes

they're cheap and a lot of out-of-print stuff are on tapes
Same can be said for vinyl. I can spend 20 bucks and come away with an armload of cool stuff. Veritable tons of very cool music never made it to CD. It's a great way to experiment also - if I can buy a record for a buck or two, I might take a chance on a cool album cover or concept. That's when you find yourself getting into those obscure little collecting grooves like trying to find all the Prestige album covers that Don Martin did.

About the only format I would agree might best be left in the past is 8-tracks, though I know the format has it's fans. I just never thought it worked very well, especially when the track change happened in the middle of a favorite song. Kunk-a-chunk-a-chunk-click click click. Pretty hilarious, but I do remember when people thought 8-track was the absolute bomb and the Mod gizmos that were invented to play them were the epitome of Groovy, soooo for those who do enjoy collecting them, more power to you!
Holerbot6000 is offline   Reply With Quote