Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #12024 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Yeah. Saw The Dark Knight Rises too.

I thought it was on par with Batman Begins, almost a continuation of that one... hell, at times I thought Nolan was trying to remove The Dark Knight from the story line completely. This was further noticed once you realize (as I did before due to an article anyways) that The Joker is not even mentioned once... though one would figure it would be an essential name drop throughout the movie, can't just forget the existence of The Joker after all that time.

So I liked it as a continuation of Batman Begins.

But, I do not think it measured up to The Dark Knight. Which is my favorite of this trilogy bar none. I left the theatre after that film feeling that high of having my mind blown from a film.... I left The Dark Knight Rises just going, "that was pretty good" and that was all. Nothing really stuck with me the same.

I thought Bane was cool, even if his voice got to me at times. Also irritated slightly by the voice as it made him hard to understand. In The Dark Knight, everything was so audible it was easy to follow, dialogue was clear and audible... new one I had trouble at times knowing what to think because his voice was muffled and i had no idea what he was saying.

Selena Kyle was alright, while she looked good and had some good scenes, still left me feeling little for her. She was more just the spank material, but a better written one than most like her in these films.

Overall, I thought it was a good movie, held up to the first, but not the last. Could have been more "epic" I suppose, some of it seemed rushed and forced (like the kiss from Selena Kyle)... but it is Nolan, he does that.

Maybe I just need to see it a few more times, probably just wait for the blu-ray though, watch with captions, haha.

I liked it, but not as much as I did The Dark Knight. Though each film is a good stand alone, nothing tops Ledger in that film, or just the chemistry of all involved in that film.

Would say 8/10 though (tied with Batman Begins), which is still high.. but after The Dark Knight, which is a solid 10 (in the context of superhero movies) for me still, I expected at least a slightly flawed, but still a great movie.. something a bit more, but the last one probably spoiled that for me too. As I say though, each works as a stand alone film, I think it is a great trilogy none the less.

Oh yeah, and I think they set up a Robin story line.... I smell a spin off series.. though probably without Nolan or Bale involved.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote