Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #12028 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Yeah, I remember watching something with Kevin Smith talking about Tim Burton. How Kevin said something that Tim ripped a scene from one of his comic books, and when called out said "anyone who knows me knows I do not read comic books, especially not one by Kevin Smith" (well something almost identical)... to which Kevin Smith replies "well, that would explain Batman".

I try and forget the 2 after Burton's films... though I admit, Batman Forever, while just mainstream kiddy fare, for what it was was entertaining enough to pass as acceptable.

I will admire Nolan for what he did, made more realistic movies of the kind. I see virtually every Marvel movie as the same thing... has so much potential to be great, but throws it away to appeal to the kids more.. probably have a great script, but then decide to dumb it down to appeal more to the young audience who wanna see it because it ties into a happy meal.

While Nolans films, though had that marketing, were not kids movies and had ideas that were not dumbed down. Kids will be impressed with the visuals and the booms of the speakers pumping more than the story between the characters.

Nolan at least treated his films as adult fiction, that while kids will see it... it is not catered to them at all.

That is what makes the Batman franchise now more fun to watch.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote